AQUACULTURE TECHNICIAN/SPECIALIST – AQUARIST
ACI Aquaculture produces captive propagated corals wholesale to the marine aquarium industry/hobby. ACI’s commercial facility is located in Plant City, FL east of Tampa and west of Orlando, FL. We are in search of an experienced and passionate aquarist to join the coral aquaculture team.
Job Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Problem solving ability and critical thinking skills
- Well balanced knowledge of marine aquariums and coral care
- Work independently to prioritize work-flow
- Propagation of specific corals; cutting fragments of grown population.
- Monitor and maintain outlined parameters and overall reef chemistry health
- Monitor and maintain system equipment: Lighting, internal and external pumps, etc.
- Monitor for, identify, and rectify reef related ‘pests’ per species.
- Document, photograph and record frag propagation techniques and rates per individual colonies.
- Communicate new releases to sales department.
- Monitor and update stock levels of available farmed corals.
- Assist in unpacking imported coral shipments, identify farm candidates.
- Assist in packing corals for customers when needed.
Job applicants must be able to:
- Lift a minimum of 50lbs
- Work in an open-air environment: hot humid temps to cold temps.
- Willing and able to work with reef related chemicals and follow safety protocols.
- Available after hours to assist in unpacking coral shipments when required.
- Available after hours to rectify any system related priorities if needed.
- Marine Biology or related degree, Aquarium Maintenance Professional or equivalent experience.
- Some industry knowledge preferred but not required.
- Strong work ethic and detail-oriented.
- Overall passion for coral and its sustainability in our oceans and aquarium industry.
- Full Time position: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm
- Benefits include Health Insurance/reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays and bonus incentives.
- Salary dependent on experience
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE: Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com